Linen/cotton blend wall hanging or tea towel displaying the Orthodox Christian liturgical calendar (September through August) for churches on the “New” (Revised Julian) Calendar. Colored onion domes represent the six traditional colors of vestments used in Orthodox churches in the US (and many other countries). The liturgical colors of the Orthodox Christian church are a visual reminder of what season we are in, what or who we are remembering, and how joyful or somber our days should be. Hang this calendar in your home, church, or classroom as a ready reference, as a teaching tool, as a way to bring church into your home, or simply a reminder for each season. After the year is over, the wall hanging becomes a towel perfect for drying dishes, hands, or wheat berries for koliva!
- orders will ship mid-August
- New Calendar (aka Revised Julian, and sometimes “Gregorian”)
- Sep 2021 through Aug 2022
- 17" wide x 24" tall
- blend of natural fibers: 55% linen, 45% cotton
- sleeve sewn into the top for a dowel or curtain rod
- becomes a linen towel to use for many years
The color rubrics are based on the American Antiochian Archdiocese rubrics, using all six possible colors; please keep in mind that your parish may have a different tradition or available vestments.