Fabric to sew or glue a fun, kid-friendly Lady Lent banner. Lady Lent is a time-honored Greek Orthodox Christian tradition as a way to count down the weeks to Pascha (Easter). The 7 feet represent the weeks of the Great Fast (Lent) and Holy Week. At the beginning of Lent (Cheesefare) the family attaches all seven feet to the bottom of the wall hanging, then each Sunday of the Great Fast, the family will remove one foot until Pascha!
- Fabric arrives in one 18” x 29” piece of polyester fleece fabric.
- Cut out the pieces and sew or glue the pocket to Lady’s skirt to hold the feet.
- Attach a snap, button and button hole, or velcro to the top of each foot and the back of the wall hanging.
- When completed, the wall hanging (without feet attached) is 15" x 23".
- Needed to complete the set (not included): a pair of sharp scissors; sewing supplies (needle/machine & thread) OR all purpose glue; and 7 snaps, buttons, or velcro.
- Learn more about this banner.
Made in collaboration with Orthodox Pebbles!